PRE AND POST CRUISE
If you have some time to spare before or after your cruise, we’ll do our best to help you make the most out of it.
We’ll be there to pick up your luggage from the airport, train station or hotel, give you an Insider’s Introduction to one of Europe’s most beautiful cities which will perfectly fit into your schedule and then just sit back and relax and we’ll get you back to the ship on time for your cruise.
We’ll come and pick you up at the cruise-ship terminal, show you the sights, give you the chance to see Rome like you’ve never seen it before, then bring you and your luggage to the hotel, airport or train station. In either the pre-cruise or post-tour cruise, you have the possibility to experience an overview or introductory tour of the city that could include many of the city’s famous landmarks, main points of interest and gear the tour towards a look into the antique Rome and the renaissance Rome that we all know and love.
This would give you the opportunity to visit some or all of the following:
- The Colosseum which was a prime spot for entertainment, holding as many as 50,000 spectators at one time and I’m sure could do the same for you!
- The Circus Maximus the large, oval track where the chariot races took place. We may not arrive in a chariot, folks, but we are sure you will love this amazing landmark just the same!
- The Trevi Fountain breathtaking and scenographic definitiely a site to see! And don’t lose your chance of throwing a coin over your shoulder for it ensures a return trip to Rome-sorry everyone…return trip not included in the price!
- Piazza Navona. Rome's most beloved square and is one of the world's most beautiful piazzas. Two of Bernini's fountains (the Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi and the Fontana del Moro) can be found in the square for you to admire. Otherwise tell us what your interests are and we can personalize a tour just for you to meet your highest standard.
Through our personal and professional experience, we can advise you and help you create a truly memorable holiday. I along with my associates will be able to guide you in one of the most beautiful cities in the world while making you feel at ease. You can be assured that you are in the hands of people who love Rome and can share it with you through our eyes full of the enthusiasm and passion that only a Roman could. Revealing its history, its traditions, but most of all its secrets.
Duration 6 Hours
Credit Card Processing Fees 10%
COLOSSEUM ENTRANCE LAST MINUTE'S NEWS; PLEASE READ VERY IMPORTANT NOTE!
The Italian State in Date March 2016 has decided to reinforce the security at the Colossium. Each client with or without reservation must pass through the metal detector (like at the airport)! Nobody including tour operators as we are, tour companies, bus tours, shore excursions arranged by Cruises and single client are allowed to skip that step. We can only skip the line after we have passed this control and once we are inside as promised we will skip the line because we've already have your tickets. Your driver will assist you to get in, you will not be alone during this and only when you are inside the driver will return to his car waiting for you while you are enjoying the visit! Thank you for understanding DGS Staff
- Include transportation in a comfortable Mercedes Limovan equipped with double air-conditioning and refreshments. This would be ideal for a couple but also adaptable for families with children.
NOT INCLUDED -
- Tickets into the Coliseum 14.00 euros per person
- Tickets into the Catacombs 8.00 euros per person
- Lunch and any eventual extras